Feral Medicine LLC. is based in Keene, NY a small town at the heart of the High Peaks region of the Adirondack Park.
We believe wild places are a valuable resource for the development of the hardy soul, and that adventurous pursuits can lead to self-discovery and bring fulfillment in ways much of the American modern life can not. Essentially, purposeful recreation can help re-create the wholesome human.
To create and facilitate courses, workshops, and consultations that support the physical and spiritual wellness of anyone who desires to deepen their connect with nature and each other.
One of our strategies in this mission is to help outdoor professionals and enthusiasts build skills to be an asset during medical incidents in the backcountry. We have chosen the most in-depth wilderness medicine curriculum available as our vehicle to provide medical certifications.
Another strategy is to offer trips & treks in the Adirondack Park! While we aim to offer open-enrollment courses throughout the year we are also available to create customized private trips - feel free to reach out to us for more information.
Our final strategy is still in development but is none-the-less important to us... to increase health & wellbeing through consultation and education. Our aim is to increase the prevalence of alternative health solutions by serving as an herbal consult to our community! Keep an eye out for up-coming programs and services to appear on the website or reach out with questions, concerns or if you want to be contacted when these services become available.
- Owner/operator; WMTC Licensed Provider
- Volunteer Fire Fighter & AEMT
- Search & Rescue of the Northern Adirondacks (SARNAK)
- Ski Patroller at Whiteface Mt.
- A.S. Adventure Recreation [SUNY Delhi]
- B.S. Adventure Education [GMC]
- M.S. in Herbal Medicine [ACHS]
- Enjoys backpacking, canoeing, cycling, trail running, rock climbing, skiing, hunting & general wilderness wandering!
- US Army Veteran; OEF
- Trips & Treks Designer & Guide
- NYS Licensed Guide
- B.S. in Adventure Education; WFR
- Leave No Trace (LNT) Master Educator
- Wellness Coach
- Volunteer Firefighter & EMT
-Enjoys Trail Running, Backpacking, Rock Climbing, Hiking, Yoga, Ecstatic Dance, and playing in the snow!